CBC-M1: FINTECH & Blockchain Primer Course
MODULE Description 课程说明
Module Code: IBS-CBC-M1-FBPC
Learning Mode: Face-to-face class
With its inception since 2014, Fintech has encompassed many technologies that propel the various industries. One such technology is the blockchain technology. From concept formation and ideation of blockchain to proliferation of blockchain applications (with cryptocurrency as one of the application) and international standardization in the near future. There is a rising trend in business use case of blockchain and growing interest to understand and know how blockchain and cryptocurrency works.
Fintech & Blockchain Primer Course (FBPC) provides fundamental concepts of Fintech & Blockchain to the participants and practical knowledge of creating a blockchain wallet, exchange account and performing a blockchain transaction. Participants will go through mini lectures, group discussions, demonstrations and hands-on activities during the course.
FBPC has been running for 12 runs since Oct 2017 in Singapore, Hong Kong & Dubai.
Learning Outcomes 学习成果
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
LO1 (Level 1)
• Define the meaning of Fintech, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
• Identify the types of Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & DLT
LO2 (Level 2):
• Discuss about the pros & cons of different types of Blockchain
• Describe the characteristics or features of Blockchain
LO3 (Level 3):
• Display ability to view Blockchain transactions using a blockchain explorer
• Execute a Blockchain transaction on a Blockchain
LO4 (Level 4):
• Analyze the relationship between Fintech, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & DLT
• Distinguish the difference between Smart Contract & Traditional Contract
LO5 (Level 5):
• Recommend a Fintech or Blockchain Business Model for an Industry.
• Compare ICO, IEO, STO and IDO
MODULE Outline 课程概述
• Introduction to Fintech & Blockchain (3 hours)
- Brief History of Fintech & Blockchain
- What is Fintech?
- Fintech Ecosystem in Singapore
- Fintech Applications
- Overview of Blockchain
- Terminologies of Blockchain
- What is Blockchain?
• Types of Blockchain
• Blockchain Features
• Blockchain Wallets & Explorers
• Blockchain Applications & Use Cases (2 hour)
- Smart Contract
- Enterprise & Industry Use Cases
• The Future of Fintech, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency (1 hour)
- Fintech & Blockchain Business Models & Strategy
- Standards & Regulations
- Blockchain Trends: IEO, Stablecoins, STOs & IDO
- Blockchain Adoption & Challenges
• Composite Assessment
Administrative Details 行政细节
- No prior knowledge in Fintech, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency required
- Participants are encouraged to bring at least one of the following: Laptops, Tablets, Smart Phones with chargers.
Financial Details 财务细节
- Individuals: $250 per pax
- IBS's Strategic & MOU Partners: $2000 per organisation (up to 10 pax)
- NPO/VWC/Government Agencies: $2500 per organisation (up to 10 pax)
- SMEs/MNCs: $3000 per organisation (up to 10 pax)
Funding: No Funding Available.
Payment Modes Accepted:
- PayPal to email@example.com or paypal.me/instituteblockchain
- PayNow to UEN: 201901394N
- Internet/ATM Fund Transfer to: OCBC Current Account 687-715-276-001
- Cheque payable to Institute of Blockchain Ltd
- IOST Address: ibsedusg
*Cash payment is not accepted, an e-invoice will be sent to your email.
There shall be strictly no refund.
Exception: 100% refund of course fees will be processed if,
- The course is cancelled by organiser
- Participant withdraw more than 7 days before course date
- For withdrawal less than 7 days before course date, valid reasons such as a) Medical, b) Last Minute Travel Plans and c) Compassionate Grounds with valid documentations are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valid documents accepted are medical certificate of self or next-of-kin, travel itinerary or death certificate.
Assessment & Certification 评估与认证
- There will be a composite assessment for the course. Assessment take into account the total % of class participation points. Class participation includes a) Open-Ended Question b) Poll c) Collaboration - Group Discussion d) Quiz conducted during the course.
- Participants will receive an electronically issued Certificate of Attainment (COA) on blockchain via GovTech's OpenCerts initiative upon satisfying 75% of the attendance, attained 70% class participation rate and completed end of course evaluation form.